It all started with the April Challenge hosted by LEO as a part of the HAIKU HEIGHTS. I started off and got so addicted to this form, that since then i've not looked back. Presently i write Haiku for the prompts provided by the Haiku Heights, the OSI, the MAG and the SHW.
What is a Haiku ?
- Haiku is Japanese poetry form that has three meaningful lines which are complete and reflecting nature.
- Haiku have syllabic limitations as well. Syllables and words aren't the same thing. For e.g. the single word "traditional" would have four syllables since it's pronounced "tra-di-tio-nal".
- A traditional haiku has eleven or seventeen syllables, in a strict 3-5-3 or 5-7-5 format.
HAIKU HEIGHTS ->
April Haiku -
- Doubting the obvious. - DOUBT
- Waves teach a fresh start. - WAVES
- Beacon for the nox. - HOPE
- You still expect amnesty? - FORGIVE
- When game turned into shame! - PLAY
- A family is missed. - SEASHORE
- Who wins this summer? - SUMMER
- Shades of possibility - POSSIBLE
- Coherency vs Confusion. - COHERENT
- The beauty of warmth. - WARMTH
- An aura adorns that soul. - AURA
- Leave held breath and breathe again. - ALIVE
- Don't go, be alive. - BEING
- Live the melody of life. - WONDER
- White wings soaring high. - WHITE
- Heal for your honey. - HONEYBEES
- Running around in circles. - RENOVATION
- The magic that is serendipity. - SERENDIPITY
- Familiar face, Mistaken identity. - STILL
- Queen Earth's brown banquet. - STILL
- Spellbound, Mesmerized. - MESMERIZE
- When lessons went astray. - BLISS
- Vision of bliss. - BLISS
- Carpet of stars. - KISMET
- Night waves sing berceuse. - MELODY
- Rosy lips of temptation. - TEMPTATION
- Shower of Rejuvenation. - CLARITY
- Drowning in ennui. - ANY TOPIC
- Shades of human minds. - ZEST
May Haiku -
- The happy hours countdown begins. - HOUR
- When empty eyes don't blink. -HOUR
- Truth likes to travel bare feet. - MASK
- Live once and for all. - MASK
- Haven of solitude amongst rising thoughts. - PINE
- Stolen thunders of the storm. - PINE
- Do and think not.. Think, then do! - JOY
- Window to the other side. - JOY
June Haiku -
- When waves transport to the new shore. - LOCK
- Fickle mind - The erratic culprit. - LOCK
- Flavors of experience. - LOCK
- Painting heart with hope. - ORDINARY
- Does the universe whisper to you? - ORDINARY
- Wisdom seldom gained with ease. - WISDOM
- Quest of the unknown. - SUPPORT
- The black fist of fury. - SUPPORT
ONE SINGLE EXPRESSION (OSI) ->
- Queen Earth's brown banquet. - VERDANT
- Behind that elusive mask. - ELUSIVE
- When empty eyes don't blink. - DEPRESSION
- When the crimson bond is on stake. - CRIMSON
- Stolen thunders of the storm. - BLACK AND WHITE
- When waves transport to the new shore. - IN LOVE WITH LIFE
- Fickle mind - The erratic culprit. - FICKLE
- Flavors of experience. - FICKLE
- Old pages invite prying eyes. - WANTING
- Does the universe whisper to you? - WANTING
- The black fist of fury. - CRYSTAL
THE MAG ->
- Vision of bliss.
- When you drown in your crystal clear tears.
- Flora flaunts felicity.
- When the crimson bond is on stake.
- Jiggling to the animal beats they live.
- Window to the other side.
- Flavors of experience.
- Old pages invite prying eyes.
- The black fist of fury.
SENSATIONAL HAIKU WEDNESDAY (SHW) ->