Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Love all my brothers! Not often said, but always meant! :-)

       It's great fun when i walk around the town with people bubbling with the festive spirit! The colorful rakhis hanging for display with excited sisters and the glittery gift shops, with not-so-happy brothers... :-P It brings me soo much joy that i melted into it even before i knew it! There was happiness in the air.... everywhere! The sweet marts, rakhi stalls, gift shops had their accounts ringing bells all day with the ever-enthusiastic, chattery customers. I love the part when i go rakhi-shopping! Jus love choosing the right rakhi for the wrists of my brothers. I usually go for the one with more of RED in it. I feel red just makes it all the more traditional and bright! Red is the festive color! A thali with red rakhis, kumkum-red again, red rice, sweets and the glow from the shining diya. Wow! Perfecto! And the best part! GIFTS! :-D It's soo much fun watching the guys scratch their head deciding on what to gift! (especially in my case cos i dont like chocolates! N so no easy way out! :-D) ... Neva knew there could be so much difficulty finding gifts for girls. OR maybe there are too many options which creates confusions! Hehe.How i wish there was Raksha Bandhan every month! :-P N then there are yet another set of guys who are NOT to be seen this day. They mysteriously go hiding not to be found all day!!! Especially not to the eyes of the gals.. n ya.. the pretty ones! Ohhh WAT.A.DAY!!!! :-D
       I don't have any own brothers by default! But it's all compensated by the wonderful brothers i have got as cousins and friends-turned-brothers. I call them my "brother-friend"S...! :-) Oh God! These brothers are one mixed bag. They make you go all crazy, make fun of you, make you run around them, make you do their work, irritate you, torture you, hit you, pinch you, fight with you and everything else under the sun! But then they love you too. Maybe unsaid, or rarely said. Unshown, or rarely shown. But always FELT! You know they are alwys there for you. You are in trouble? The moment you call them they are THERE, n the next moment they are right in front of you HERE!

There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother ...
Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too.


Love all my brothers! Not often said, but always meant! :-)

2 comments: